Picture made by Karilan who I’ve been meaning to read the blogs of and just haven’t had the time. So many good writers!! So little time.
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Simscognito. Honestly I’m really touched by this. I finally started posting on the sims forums this year when I was getting my wisdom teeth removed. Sims makes me feel better when I’m sad so I thought, what they hey? I need some stories to read while I’m stuck in bed, and I’m not feeling super social because I’m sad and grouchy from the surgery.
Instead I found people willing to help me out and to help me through my grouchy mood. I’m being silly and going to tag a few people right here at the beginning and than put their blogs at the bottom again. But basically friendsfan367 found me and brought me into the writers lounge where they introduced me to CathyTea who got me involved in a bunch of other threads to help me improve my story writing and general sims playing. They told me to check out a couple of stories about how awesome they are and would be a good start for me, and so I met Simscognito that I fell in love with their username immediately, and than their blog and all of the beautiful characters in Friends of Foes. Moving on I was introduced to Bugsie2016 and then quickly followed a slue of other amazing sims-lit writers who were constantly there with kind words and awesome stories to read. Pronterus, IchigoUsagi, AuroraLockwood, AdamsEve1231, Xylorta-XV, RipuAncestor, and so many others!
I also met and read quite a few ISBI writers which was what I started with. I’m happy to be involved in the sims-lit world now. It means alot to be included in all of the wonderful stories, as a reader, as a writer, as a collab, or even as a background character offered up to fill space.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to creative, positive, inspiring bloggers who spread sunshine to the blogging community.
In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- What do you think makes a good character? A good character in my opinion is someone who an audience can relate to in someway. They have a backstory, they have an interesting story, and you want to know about their future. My favorite characters in pretty much anything I’ve read or watched are the ones who are the comedians no matter what they’re facing.
- Do you find the writing process challenging? If so, what particularly challenges you?I guess for me the hardest part of writing is the editing. That’s why I’m loving blogs so much. I don’t care about the editing, I’m writing just to write and get my ideas down and out for the world to enjoy. It may not bring in a large crowd, but I’ve provided something to the creative community. In a way I guess the next hardest thing would be having an overall plot? I’m more of a freestyle writer, and when I want an overall plot with foreshadowing and such I need to go back through a story and edit it up. So I normally don’t show my free flowing thoughts like I have been with the blog. Writing as it comes to me, and not knowing where it’s going.
- What part of the writing process do you particularly enjoy? Hah, I guess I kind of covered this already! I love just sitting and letting the ideas flow out, being surprised by the direction my story takes, and just letting it happen naturally. It’s like reading as I write, and as I’m such an avid reader it is a great joy to me.
- How important is the reader’s reaction to your plot and character development? It is a huge part actually. Right now while I’m learning my style, and what could end up being a big hit when I actually go to publish an original story book, it’s nice to see what characters, what plot lines, and what settings most interest the reader. I play with that and see how it goes. It helps me get better and better.
- What’s the most surprising thing a character’s ever done? I would say Candy and Antwan’s divorce, though looking back in hindsight it was clear that it was coming.
- Think about someone who makes you smile. Who is it? So many people. I couldn’t even begin to name them all. My minds eye can’t land on just one that stands out above the rest as ‘the first person’ that I think of.
- If you had to be stranded on a desert Island, which of your characters would you want to be there with you and why? Definetly not any of the sins, probably not the goths or the idiots either. In fact I think Detective Watson who I haven’t introduced her story yet would be the one I’d want on my side.
- Which of your characters is most likely to win ice curling in the Winter Olympics? Antwan, he is the most athletic of my characters. Er… on second though, you know what, maybe Austin because he’s less likely to fall on his face on the ice.
- Which of your characters/pet would take the opportunity to live on Mars? Oh Antwan for sure here. No water means no merfolk plotting against him.
- What plotline has surprised your readers the most? I don’t know. I’m kind of hoping the plot line with Alex, Amy, and the grand master vampire is going to be an interesting one.
- What video game does your sims enjoy playing the most? They’re constantly playing blic bloc. They hardly ever choose any of the others.
My 11 Tags and their blog links:
- Pronterus – I adore Undead with Benefits
- socallucyfan – showing me some ISBI fun with Moore
- Bugsie2016 – With fantastic stories that are a pleasure to read.
- friendsfan36 – For helping me learn wordpress and for delight reading the Benders
- IchigoUsagi – Wonderful titles, intriguing stories. Always a pleasure
- AuroraLockwood – Goodness, the drama! :O
- AdamsEve1231 – I just started reading, but I love it already, and so friendly and helpful!
- LegacySims2017 – simselfing and ISBI in the jungle ruins. :] Including other sims-lit writers is awesome and fun.
- Xylorta-XV – Given me so many ideas for stories! And I love their current Lore Legacy!
- RipuAncestor – Alien Adoption story I’ve been fully enjoying, and always has a friendly comment!
- CathyTea – So many amazing stories, and so helpful and friendly to everyone.
The new 11 Questions:
- What inspires you to write?
- Do you have a style that you love but you have a hard time writing yourself?
- Do you toss out ideas when you have to many stories? Or do you just save them for later?
- What is your favorite type of character?
- When writing do you try to create the typical archetypes or let the characters be themselves?
- Do you lay out the plot first and try to follow it? Or does the story develop naturally as you write?
- Do you take notes as you play the game?
- If you edit pictures for your story, how do you do it?
- What do you believe is a good length for a post?
- Do you know that you’re awesome?
- Can I give you a hug? 😀